Heal FBHI watchmaker
|Range of watches||quartz , mechanical|
|Our repair charge information||
We are able to Service and repair this brand and fit battery and reseal
We only fit genuine parts including original glasses , crowns and movement parts.
Straps and bracelets are available for newer models
Service charges from Chealwatch
|Official web site||http://www.Longines.ch/|
|Sales web sites|
History and info
The Longines story starts back in 1832 when Auguste Agassiz arrived in Saint-Imier and entered the "Comptoir horloger Raiguel Jeune". One year later, he founded the "Comptoir Raiguel Jeune & Cie" together with Florian Morel and Henri Raiguel. One of Auguste's sisters married Charles-Marc Francillon, a shopkeeper from Lausanne and in 1834 they had a son, Ernest Francillon.
When Henri Raiguel retired from his functions in 1838, Auguste Agassiz and Florian Morel became the owners of the "Comptoir Agassiz & Cie", until Agassiz became in 1847 the sole owner. A few years later, in 1852, his nephew, Ernest Francillon, entered the company to finally become his uncle's successor in 1862. The new company "Ancienne Maison Auguste Agassiz, Ernest Francillon, Successeur" was born. At that time watchmaking in the area used the skills of people working outside the "comptoir d'établissage", often at home.
In 1866, Auguste's nephew, Ernest Francillon, bought two plots of land on the right bank of the river Suze at the place called "Les Longines" and brought all of the watchmaking skills under one roof - this was the first "Longines factory".
the inauguration of the new factory in 1867, the production of the first
Longines movement, the L20A, commenced. At that time, watches used to be
wound by means of a key. The Longines watch however broke with these
traditional watchmaking methods having a "lever" movement which was wound
and the time set by means of the crown. It was Ernest Francillon himself
who went to Paris to present this watch at the 1867 Universal Exhibition.
He returned to Saint-Imier with a bronze medal.
On the 19th of July 1880 at 11:00 am Ernest Francillon registered at the Federal Office of Intellectual Property under patent number 118 and 119 the brand Longines and its original logo, featuring the winged hourglass. The Longines trademark was first registered, under patent number 2684, at 4:00 pm on 27th of May 1889 and under patent number 14 on the 27th of March 1893 at the International Office of Intellectual Property (today the WIPO, World Intellectual Property Organizaton).
C.C.HEAL F.B.H.I. watch repairer
Oaklands Beckley Rye Sussex TN31 6TJ UK
telephone : 01797 260207 or 0845 226 1752 outside UK your code + 44 1797 260207
Sending advice at sending.htm- email: email@example.com